Today is Christmas Eve.  My favourite day of the season.  It is quiet, usually I am in my house and puttering. There is usually true peace in my heart.

This year I am searching for peace, as this past year there has been much sorrow in my world. Truly, the first thought on my mind this morning was about the mothers I know this year who have lost their sons.  It didn't matter the ages of their son 3, 19 or 70 - each of these mothers, their hearts shattered. Sorrow so deep I dare not feel.  My sorrow is with me as I along with my family dealt with my dad's illness and then his death. 


I had found peace in the situation - yet, as many of you know - grief and sorrow wash over us - unannounced and swiftly.  I ride the wave and then move into a peaceful state...so maybe the earlier statement of not having peace is off a bit.  I am having moments of peace -- which is pretty normal. So, okay.  I am peaceful. I am at peace.  Once again the sorrow has washed through. 

Here is what one of my favourite poets says about sorrow: 


Sorrow prepares you for joy. It violently sweeps everything out of your house, so that new joy can find space to enter. It shakes the yellow leaves from the bough of your heart, so that fresh, green leaves can grow in their place. It pulls up the rotten roots, so that new roots hidden beneath have room to grow. Whatever sorrow shakes from your heart, far better things will take their place.--Rumi


Merry Christmas my friends.  May peace fill your hearts.  May joy flood in and fill the spaces sorrow has swept empty.  

Merry Christmas


Much lov

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Decide to Choose Happiness

A Blessing ~ Good Wishes

Today, I was honoured, again.