Flinging Myself Forward into the Future Makes Me Want to Recoil Backwards and Retreat

I am in a space of hmmmm....

I am in a space of 'don't want to'...

So I am starting with what I love and want to do and I will let the momentum bring me to the task which must be done.  

I am like a lot of people, I may be like you.  I have moments where - I simply do not want to do what needs to be done.

I am in that mood right now -- I am not even in the mood to procrastinate - {not sure if that is possible}.

I feel I am not in the mood to get back to work, to get back into moving forward -- so I sat down to write about it.

Now as I sit and write about my passion less moments - I realize I am craving stillness.  Pure stillness.

Stillness brings me back to myself, because as I write this I realize I am scattered - and need to gather my energy.

My mind is already forward into spring, and I am just now settling into winter.  I realize my mind is also focused on all I can do in the upcoming three days without other commitments -- all my projects I have been wanting to get done for the past year, I now feel compelled to complete in three days. Seriously.

Stillness is required.
Being present is necessary.

Flinging myself forward into the future makes me want to recoil backwards and retreat.

So I will sit, perhaps walk in the snow filled trails behind our home or I will do both.
This is my version of being still. Yes, I find stillness in movement, through walking, through my yoga practice. Stillness, for me, is a state of mind, a state of heart.

I will be still long enough for the joy of my work, my desire to find me - or probably a better way of saying it; I will be still long enough for the my desires to catch up with me.

How are you feeling right now?

Are you in need of stillness?

How do you find stillness?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

A Blessing ~ Good Wishes

Today, I was honoured, again.