Bring Reverence


There is a Zen saying: 

Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. 
After enlightenment; chop wood carry water. 

I love this. It calls to me as a way of being in the tasks of my everyday.

Last February, for 3 weeks, I lived in beautiful cabin where I did quite literally chop wood and carry water. 

Today, I am home where I am called to loving clean my house, gratefully pay our bills and with ease push a button to wash my clothes.

Today I will bring reverence to these tasks; a mindfullness of moment and a grateful heart for heat, electronic money, running water & the ability to wash clothes with a touch of a button.

John O'Donohue reminds us that reverence means we remain always secretly ready to receive the words that could illuminate our destiny.

I am off to 'chop wood & carry water'

 Have an illuminating day
My wood pile and buckets of water

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Spring

Today, I was honoured, again.

Let's be soft _ original March 2016